The informed opposition that emerged seemed focused on these arguments:
- The economy is tanking, let's wait.
- The expense projections are significantly understated.
- Policing expenses, the largest line item, are particularly optimistic, and people will demand more.
- The AIA has been harder to deal with than the County for building permits.
- We're happy with the way things are, and like the county government-at-a-distance.
- Government is waste, and this will add another layer with no added value.
Media report from InsideBayArea.com here.